- This event has passed.
About the Instructor
Yoga Alliance (USA) E‐RYT 200/ RYT 500 Teacher Trainer
Chris Su is a Certified Yoga Trainer by Yoga Alliance. He graduated from Yoga Vidya Gurukul University of Hatha Yoga in India. Chris Su recently co‐founded the Yin Mindfulness Immersion, a mindfulness‐based strategy firm and he is currently writing a new book and preparing for publication.
As his interest in Vipassana or Insight Meditation has developed, so too has his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a professional background in Chinese Medicine and personal passion for the Dharma, Chris Su fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of these two interests. Chris Su studied Yin Yoga with Sarah Powers, Josh Summers, and Sebastian Pucelle, His primary meditation teacher is Master Shin Shen.
Chris’s yoga and mindfulness meditation courses emphasize safety, the cultivation of moment-to-moment awareness and the potential for freedom in the here and now.
About Mindfulness Yin Yoga
Yin Mindfulness Yoga is a type of Yoga practice which complements the Yang Yoga practice. Yang Yoga poses basically are more dynamic and mostly active or fast in nature. In Yin Yoga, all floor posture are held passively for several minutes or even longer as it will prepare the body to slowly adapt to a safer and positive “stress” at all connective tissue in the body.
On the physical side point of view, Yin Yoga restores and maintains the natural mobility of the joints, primarily the areas between the navel and knees. On the other hand, Yin Yoga opens the body’s Meridian system where it could enhance the body’s energetic flow, in which it could directly maintain our own body’s emotional equilibrium.
As Yin Yoga poses emphasizes calm, stillness, silent and deep stretching in nature, it prepares both the body and mind into a deeper experience and longer duration during meditation practices.
- Introduction into Yin Yoga (Theory and Practice)
- Anatomy of Yoga (Spine & Pelvic)
- Massage Ball Myofascial Release Techniques
- Therapeutic Yin and Meridians Application
The Benefits of Yin Yoga Mindfulness workshop include the following
- Learn the four essential Yin Yoga sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga towards the connective tissue and joint and health.
- Learn about how the Chinese energy system is influenced directly by the practice of Yin Yoga, with emphasis on meridian and organ health.
- Acquired experiential and theoretical knowledge of the Buddha’s core teachings in mindfulness meditation, which is a great framework for integrating meditative themes into Yin Yoga classes or personal practice.
- The Workshop is suitable for those who have interest to further their Yoga practices and it’s philosophy by learning the principle of Yin Yoga, or for those who wish to deepen their understanding of the practice of the core value of Yoga.
- Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of training (YOGA ALLIANCE).
Rates & Packages
Early Bird Rates (until January 15, 2018 only)